1 – Sonora Region Awards – Nominations Due Jan. 15th
2 – Senate Survey of SWE Services – Due Jan. 18th
3 – Call for Sonora Region Officer Candidates – Due Feb. 11th
1 – Sonora Region Awards – Nominations due January 15, 2011
One of the most exciting programs that the Sonora Region does is recognize our members/sections for outstanding performance. The following awards will be presented at the Annual Sonora Region Conference in Palm Springs:
- Sonora Sustaining Benefactor
- Sonora Emerging Leaders (Professional & Collegiate)
- Membership Awards
- Sonora History Award
- Sonora Outstanding Collegiate Section Mentor
- Sonora Outstanding Program
Award nominations are due by January 15, 2011 for all but the Membership and Sonora History Awards and they are to be submitted to the Sonora Region Awards Committee [Deb Willems (Deb.Willems@swe.org) and Jenn Harris (Jennifer.Harris@swe.org]. A copy of the awards nomination packet, which has detailed descriptions of each award is attached.
The Sonora History Award theme will be “Outreach”, so hopefully you’ve been practicing your scrap-booking skills in preparation of this fun award! Scrap-book pages are turned in at the conference and are displayed for all to see.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Deb or Jenn.
2 – Senate Survey of SWE Services
The SWE Senate is soliciting input from our membership. Our goal is to understand the Top 5 and Bottom 5 Programs and Services offered by SWE to our members. This information will help inform SWE leadership should there be a need to reallocate funding as the result of a continued economic downturn. Your input is important!
3 – Call for Sonora Region (B) Officer Candidates
It’s that time of year again! The Sonora Region (B) recently began the nomination and election process for FY12 Officers. The Call for Nominations is for the following 7 positions: Lieutenant Governor, Secretary, Treasurer, Region Nominating Chair, Senator, Alternate Senator and National Nominating Committee Representative. These leadership positions provide valuable experience within SWE and can be a step toward Society leadership.
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Sonora Region B is seeking nominees for the following seven (7) positions:
- Lieutenant Governor, (FY12)
- Secretary, (FY12)
- Treasurer, (FY12)
- Region Nominating Chair, (FY12)
- Senator, (FY12-FY13)
- Alternate Senator, (FY12)
- Society Nominating Committee Representative, (FY12-FY13)
FY12: July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012
FY13: July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013
Nominations and submissions must/shall contain the following information:
- Officer position
- Name of nominee
- Contact information for nominee (including day/evening phone number, and email address)
- Section of nominee
- List of previous positions held (if any)
- Provide a 200-word maximum candidate statement (why the candidate wants to be in the officer position and what they hope to accomplish).
- Provide a 150-word maximum candidate history (qualifications and previous SWE leadership experience).
- Provide any information as to whether you believe that you may or may not have any company sponsorship for travel / time for the two meetings.
These leadership positions within the Region provide valuable experience within SWE and can be a step towards Society leadership. All members are encouraged to nominate themselves and/or other eligible members. See below for eligibility requirements.
Nominations must be addressed to the Nominating Committee Chair, Lisa Freestone (email@example.com) no later than February 11, 2011.